jueves, octubre 05, 2006

So You Want To Be A Sex Blogger

So You Want To Be A China Sex Blogger is a nice balanced summary of the chinabounder-affair which took place approximately at the same time as the "masturgate-affair". For a moment I thought it would be interesting to compare the cases but when I do so I realize that they are quite different apart from the obvious similarities, as there are: anonymous sex blog, and threatened anonymity. But the character of the blogs was quite different, as the degree of sleaziness and chauvinism. Chinabounder was subject to an outright witch-hunt which was apparently unsuccessful (turning out too many suspects and striking some controversity) while The Girl (I apologize for not using capitals in earlier posts) lost her anonymity without anybody really asking for it (I may be wrong there, but certainly a lot less people took offence at her writing).