lunes, agosto 14, 2006

Anna Mikhailova vs. the girl

"Anna Mikhailova" is the name that signed for an article in the Sunday Times on August 6th which revealed the identity of formerly anonymous blogger and book author "the girl". Now many bloggers are out to push Ms. Mikhailovas into public awareness, even a mock-blog was set up, and many are writing about it.
The idea seems to be that she burns her fingers on this. For me it is hard to judge how much sense that makes. But signing that article actually asks for it. Looks very much like a professional selling her soul for a career. By her standards she probably just was successful and I wonder whether she will approach the girl for a share of the increased book sales or at least take them as a justification. Along the lines of 'quo bono' there also is the editor to consider. I wonder how that actually leaked. But maybe they just tailed her agent who was probably not so hard to identify.
Btw. doing a picture search on Ms. Mikhailova rather confuses matters. I suspect they can all be discarded although I am tempted to use one to illustrate my post.