jueves, junio 10, 2004

Emmanuel Bove

The raging Frenchman seems a little nuts to me, but I guess that is a compliment in his terms. On the page is an article about him. Digging a little you find a yahoo-group which is designed to hold 888 members. Any additional member kicks out an old member by random choice. Nice idea.
And while I am writing this, he redesigns some of his sites, actually a small jungle for exploration, and it took me until now to find THTHe starting point.
What seems interesting is the link to 'Emmanuel Bove le site officiel, par Jean-Luc Bitton', I never heard about that person before. A chapter from his writing is there translated into English (Sartre appears as 'advisory editor' there, and Becket is the translator). In the research diary of the site owner you find that on his request for assistance Becket claimed not to know Emmanuel Bove. Sounds sad, whatever it means: age, or Dada, or something else.
In his writing you find the line (my transl.):
To preserve what one owns, one has to begin by appearing not afraid of losing it.