lunes, marzo 20, 2006

Iraq

I saw the puppet from the white house on TV yesterday, trying to give a poorly memorized speech to the reporters on why us troops had to stay in Iraq, using the word 'victory'. I pity that guy in a way. When I look at him, it seems he does not even understand what he is talking about. Probably that makes him so dangerous. I find myself thinking in an apologetic way: 'he just does not know better. He is caught in some network of power and struggles to fulfill his role.' The trouble is, nothing can tarnish the reputation of a guy who had no credibility in the first place. So ironically I get the impression that it all works for him.
Here is a link to a piece that tries to analyse what an immediate withdrawal could mean. And just a moment ago I discovered that there is an even more recent one. And then go, paint your posters, and ask an officer for the way to the next first amendment zone.